Obtaining Your Marriage License is an Important Part of your Florida Wedding Plans
The following common questions about marriage licenses will provide you with facts that will help you to understand and comply with Florida laws and requirements:
- Florida Marriage Licenses are issued to both Florida residents and non-residents who will be married in the state of Florida.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and the couple must appear in person to obtain a license.
- A picture-type I.D. with the date of birth must be provided (driver’s license, passport).
- For Florida residents there is a three (3) day waiting period from the date of the marriage license issuance OR to waive the three day waiting period you may choose to attend a premarital class and present a certification of attendance to the marriage clerk at the time of application.
- If only one of the couple is a Florida resident and the Florida resident takes the course, there is no waiting period.
- If both parties are out of state residents, there is no waiting period. 4) If either party was married before, a copy of the final judgment of the divorce or death certificate is required. if you have been divorced within the last two years.
- If you are divorced or widowed, the date of your divorce or date of your spouse’s death must be supplied. If the divorce or spouse’s death occurred within the past 30 days, a certified copy of the divorce decree or death certificate is required.
WHEN should the license be obtained and how long does it take?
Licenses are issued immediately and must be used within sixty (60) days from the “effective date.”
WHERE are Marriage Licenses obtained in Florida?
Marriage Licenses may be obtained at any Clerk of Court County Offices Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding legal holidays.
What is the FEE for obtaining a Marriage License?
A Marriage license costs $93.80 (cash only). The only exception is for Florida residents that have provided proof of a premarital class. Their fee is reduced.
Can you get your marriage license by mail?
You may obtain your Marriage License by mail. You will need to apply no less than 45 days prior to your wedding date and the cost averages about $225.00.
— Sarah and JoeView All »
Hi Sue! First, I want to thank you for making our wedding day perfect! We had fun and couldn’t have asked for anything more! Second, my boquet was amazing – just exactly like the picture I sent and just exactly what I wanted! Third, you had mentioned you could send us the wording from our ceremony. What do I need to do to get this??
Click here to contact Sue
call 239-728-2592 or toll free: 1-866-728-2592